When it comes to selecting the right type of timber flooring for your home, there are plenty of choices. Climate, architecture and budget can all influence your decision. Whatever you decide, timber offers a cost-effective, durable and appealing finish, especially in main living areas.
Here is a rundown on each of the most popular options:
HARDWOOD – SOLID TONGUE & GROOVE
· Traditional flooring system that cannot be matched for its lasting beauty and durability.
· Solid hardwood tongue and groove strip flooring is designed to be laid directly onto joists, battens, over concrete or can be nailed to old timber flooring.
· The boards are designed for a tight plank to plank fit to ensure a continuous and stable surface.
Hardwood floors come in Select, Natural and Standard grades.
Species – Australian Beech, Blackbutt, Sydney Blue Gum, Brushbox, Rose Gum, Forest Reds, Ironbark, Jarrah, Karri, Red Mahogany, Spotted Gum and many more species are available.
PRE-FINISHED ENGINEERED FLOORING
A very popular flooring giving all the benefits of tongue and groove flooring, but without the need for sanding and polishing. The boards are all pre-finished with coating already applied, so it can be installed in half the time of traditional flooring.
· Pre-finished engineered flooring also comes in Raw, so you can choose the level of gloss as required.
· Pre-finished engineered flooring is comprised of 4 or 5 layers of timbers fused together into long planks then pre-finished ready to lay.
· Even though pre-finished, the boards can be sanded many times giving them the same lifespan as traditional timber flooring.
Species – Pre-finished Engineered flooring is available in an extensive range of hues and colours to match and enhance any home, office or commercial premises.
Parquetry floors add a unique and stunning feature to any premises. Parquetry is hardwearing and is available in two styles, mosaic and block.
· Mosaic parquetry is made up of small fingers of timber in tile form and block parquetry comes in single blocks which can be arranged in any pattern or feature you desire.
· Parquetry comes in Select Grade and Standard Grade
Some Species – Alpine Ash, Tasmanian Oak, Blackbutt, Sydney Blue Gum, Brush Box, Ironbark, Jarrah and many more.
Bamboo flooring is extremely hard wearing, lightweight and stable in all weather conditions, as it has an innate moisture resistance.
· An environmentally friendly flooring resource adding quality and warmth to any home.
Species – Bamboo flooring comes in many textures and is available in colours of natural or coffee.